The precious pups at Camp Bow Wow Doggie Day Care in Alpharetta GA have a new thing to bark about with all their puppy pals – brand new polished concrete floors by AAA Southern State Refinishing!
Camp Bow Wow hired these concrete polishing experts to provide a low maintenance concrete floor that would be easy for employees to clean without being hard on little paws.
Polished Concrete Floors in Atlanta Georgia for Pet Day Care Center
Client: Camp Bow Wow, 1755 Grassland Pkwy, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004
Contractor: AAA Southern States Refinishing, 8085 Lanier Dr, Cumming, GA 30041; (770) 355-2453
General Contractor: G. C. Chandlee & Sons
Project Location: Alpharetta, Georgia in Fulton County
Products: NIKA Corp Lithium Densifier; Copper Bond in 50-grit & 100-grit; Prosoco Polish Guard
Concrete Flooring Problem: The dog care center needed an easy maintenance floor, and all power was shut off pending a walk-thru inspection.
Contractor’s Solution: Remove, cure, seal & polish concrete floors for Camp Bow Wow
The general contractor, G. C. Chandlee & Sons, requested that AAA Southern States Refinishing spec an easy-to-clean, low maintenance floor for a brand-new Camp Bow Wow Doggie Day Care.
Upon arrival at the location, the AAA crew discovered that all power was cut off pending a walk-through inspection. They set up their generator to run concrete grinding equipment and strung lights in the work area since they knew it would be a late night to finish the project on time.
Steps to Seal & Polished Concrete Floors in Alpharetta Dog Day Care
1) The AAA team started with 50-grit copper bond, but quickly learned that the cure & seal would not lift from the company’s floor.
2) The contractor switched to a 20/30 metal, and after a slow walk with their big grinder, they were able to remove the old floor sealer.
3) In this step of the project, they noticed a lot of concrete removal so they saturated the floor with NIKA Corp Lithium Densifier. This mixture hardens the slab in preparation for the next phase of grinding.
4) Using 50-grit copper bond and moving up to 100-grit as the grinding continued, the AAA crew grinded the edges by hand between all steps of grinding the concrete to a fine polish.
5) They started the polishing process with 50-grit resin and polished up to 800.
6) Next, they used microfiber to apply two coats of Prosoco polish guard, and as they applied it, they burnished with each step
AAA Southern States Refinishing are polished concrete experts and work throughout Atlanta, Georgia from their Cumming home office.
For more information about their concrete polishing & epoxy floor services, visit their site or call (770) 355-2453.